Deciding to enroll in rehab is a life-changing decision and one that comes with many questions and uncertainties. However, if you or someone you love struggles with addiction and is ready to begin the path to recovery, there are excellent addiction treatment programs in California.
Clear Recovery Center’s addiction treatment is a luxury addiction treatment center in Los Angeles that provides comfortable and comprehensive addiction treatment. To learn more, contact us at 877.799.1985.
Can You Have Your Phone in Rehab?
Personal cell phones are prohibited during inpatient rehab for several fundamental reasons.
Cell phones are a source of distraction and temptation during the recovery process. They directly disrupt recovery and are a standard tool of enabling. Addiction treatment will require your full attention.
While you may be able to bring your cell phone, you will likely be asked to leave it with rehab staff and only able to use it during occasional, supervised periods. Technology is inextricably linked to the sale and procurement of drugs and alcohol.
The intense cravings that make the early phases of recovery result in obsession and impulsive action. The easy availability of a cellphone can lead to devastating consequences during the first 90 days of recovery.
Detaching from technology also aids in the body’s ability to reset and recalibrate. Since technology itself is so addictive, being without a cellphone can be immensely beneficial in rewiring the brain’s ability to control addictive impulses.
Relinquishing smartphones makes it easier to focus on the work of recovery, and won’t involve giving up contact with the outside world entirely. Rehab centers offer house phones where you can make and receive calls.
What to Bring to Rehab?
Packing for rehab can seem daunting, but packing light, prioritizing comfort, and sticking to essentials will serve you well. When enrolling in an inpatient program, you can expect to be there for 30-90 days however, packing 1-2 weeks of clothing should be sufficient since laundry is available.
Packing for rehab doesn’t have to be a stressful experience, and most centers provide a detailed packing guide upon enrollment. For best results, follow the guide closely and trust in the process.
While the maxim looks good, feel good holds, it’s vital to prioritize comfort over fashion in rehab. Comfortable clothing with minimal make-up and jewelry will serve you best and allow for full focus on the healing process.
Here are some of the most important items to make sure to bring with you to rehab:
- Comfortable pants– due to the physical changes your body experiences during rehab, pants with an elastic waistband are a must
- Comfortable shirts
- Socks (1-2 pairs per day)
- Undergarments (underwear, boxers, bras, camisoles)
- A bathrobe
- Workout clothes
- Sweaters and a jacket (during detox, it’s often challenging to stay warm, layers are essential)
- Shoes without laces (a comfortable pair for daily use, slippers, workout shoes, and rubber shower sandals)
- Swimming suit and towel
- Toiletries (comb, brush, hair clips, soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, lotion)
- Medical insurance cards
- Legal photo ID
- Stamps and envelopes
- Address book
- Personal sentimental or comfort items such as photographs
- Entertainment items for downtime (e.g.: coloring books and crayons, watercolors, cards, a book or two)
- A notebook and pen
- A favorite pillow or blanket for comfort (bedding will be provided, but having a favorite pillow or blanket can make the acclimation process more comfortable)
What not to bring:
- Anything sharp
- Aerosol cans
- Shoes with laces
- Electronics (computers, smartphones, etc.)
- Nail polish remover
- Any personal products or mouthwashes that contain alcohol
- Anything that advertises or can be considered drug paraphernalia
Most rehab centers will have essentials on hand if you forget any necessities. However, you will have to pay for them, so be prepared with extra cash or a credit card.
Reach Out to Clear Recovery Center for Rehab Support
At Clear Recovery Center, we understand that going to rehab is a monumental and life-altering decision. We’re with you every step of the way. We provide comprehensive support and unmatched care from packing to aftercare and resources.
Contact us at 877.799.1985 with all of your questions and for all of your rehab needs.
Last Updated on June 22, 2022