Mental health disorders can often be linked to a sense of hopelessness and loneliness that can impact your life on a daily basis. You know you need more support and intensive treatment; however, you might be limited by transportation, geography, or time constraints. Thankfully, a virtual IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) also known as a Tele-IOP is now available, so that you can get the help you need and deserve. These programs are specialized to fit your needs and give you the flexibility required to attend treatment.
Virtual IOP vs. In-Person IOP
Intensive outpatient programs are designed for individuals in need of a more supportive health treatment. These programs offer comprehensive evidence-based treatment in a virtual setting that is optimized for growth and healing. IOP clients attend group and individual therapy sessions every week, with a schedule that is flexible enough to accommodate an individual’s work and personal commitments.
Virtual IOP treatment is recommended for individuals who are unable to attend sessions in-person due to certain barriers to access such as: mobility issues, COVID exposure concerns, limited transportation options, or distance to a center. Tele-IOP enables people to overcome these barriers and receive essential treatment for their mental health. Furthermore, someone attending an in-person IOP may also transition to a virtual IOP, if their circumstances require it – and they meet eligibility requirements – so they don’t lose continuity of care. Similarly, individuals in a tele-IOP can transitions to in-person treatment.
In a Tele-IOP, clients log on to treatment through a secure HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform. Clients can expect to attend virtual therapy for 3 hours a day, 3 days a week. Their treatment plan usually spans over a four-week time period; however, treatment may last longer due to clinical need.
Our Master’s-level therapists take each clients’ physical, emotional, and mental health into account as a care plan is developed on the first day, and is adjusted as the client proceeds through the program. We also recognize that mental health can adversely affect an individuals’ relationships with family and friends, as well as their job and hobbies.
Our experienced therapists employ multiple treatment modalities in order to provide effective and individualized treatment. Types of sessions held in a tele-IOP include:
- Individual therapy – Individual therapy helps clients identify the underlying causes of mental illness, talk through important issues, and set future goals.
- Group therapy – This type of therapy supplies those battling with mental illness with a support network of peers. It allows them to see that they are not alone while reducing the stigma associated with mental disorders.
- Psychiatric evaluations or consultations – It is important to have a formal evaluation upon entering your treatment program. These consultations will continue throughout your treatment program to mark your progress.
- Aftercare programming – Aftercare is an important part of any treatment plan. You will be provided with a personal aftercare plan that facilitates long-term healing post primary treatment.
- Medical leave/disability – Upon admission, all clients are assessed for medical leave or disability eligibility. Medical notes are provided for those who qualify.
Tele-IOPs allow participants to seek treatment and coaching from the comfort of their own home. There are many benefits to Tele-IOP such as:
- You will learn to develop healthy coping mechanisms. It is important to you learn how to cope with the stressors and triggers associated with your mental health disorder. These strategies incorporate mindfulness practices that teach you a flexible set of skills to manage your mental health, support wellbeing, and provide other holistic symptom management strategies.
- Your curriculum will extend to all areas of your health. In order to improve your mental health, you must address your physical and emotional wellbeing as well. By learning and practicing techniques such as sleep hygiene and proper nutrition, you can live a healthier and happier life.
- You will receive individualized care. Mental health treatment is not one-size-fits-all. We make sure our treatment approaches are unique to you.
- The telehealth platform used in our Tele-IOP is easy to access and navigate. It is our intention that your treatment goes as smoothly as possible. We want to make things clear and concise to save any frustration or confusion.
- You have access to treatment if your circumstances change. Our Tele-IOP is convenient, but more importantly, it gives those who would have otherwise gone without help the opportunity to incorporate treatment into their schedule.
What Can Clear’s Virtual IOP Treat?
An intensive outpatient program treats many common mental health disorders. We understand each of these conditions are unique and develop plans that take into account all the factors. Mental health disorders that can be treated include:
- Chronic stress
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Occupational burnout
- Panic Disorder
- Medical burnout
- Adjustment disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Compassion fatigue/Caregiver burnout
Stop letting your addiction and mental illness define you. It is time to get help. At Clear Recovery Center, one of our goals is to make treatment accessible and convenient. We do not want your inability to attend an in-person treatment program keep you from improving your life. Our Virtual IOP consists of constructive sessions, run by highly qualified therapists, to aid your physical, mental, and emotional health. To make the first step towards the life you have always dreamed of, call or visit our contact form today.