328 N Prospect St, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
2309 W 190th St., Redondo Beach, CA 90278
201 Herondo St., Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Located on the Pacific coast, Redondo Beach is a scenic haven—brimming with warm sunshine, glittering waves, and soft sand. Redondo Beach is away from the hustle and bustle of L.A., situated in the South Bay region. Home to over 66,000 Californians, the city is known for its scenic pier and entertaining watersports. Guests and locals alike can enjoy waterfront dining at King Harbor before letting the sound of steady waves drift them to sleep in one of Redondo’s charming inns or condos. However, despite the grandeur of Redondo Beach, the area still falls victim to the nation’s unyielding drug problem. Thankfully, rehab centers in Redondo Beach are available and accessible for those struggling with addiction.
How Drug Use Affects Redondo Beach
Addiction is taking its toll on those who call Redondo Beach home. From 2009-2010, drug overdose became the 17th leading cause of overall death as well as the 4th cause of premature death in the county. Drug use has also led to substantial crime in Redondo Beach and its surrounding areas. In fact, during the same time span, the Los Angeles Department of Public Health cited drug offenses as accounting for the highest percentage of felony arrests in the county. In 2013, the most common substances used in the county included:
- Opioids/Narcotic Analgesics
- MDMA (Ecstasy/Molly)
Drug abuse is leaving destruction in its wake, meaning the people of Redondo Beach need treatment now.
How Redondo Beach is Fighting Back Against Drug Use
The Redondo Beach community strives to promote health and healing for its residents. That’s why it is offering a variety of treatments to counteract the city’s serious addiction problem. In fact, from 2009-2010, Los Angeles County reported that 60,629 residents sought publicly funded treatment for drug use—this shows that those who are struggling are open to help.
With each passing year, Redondo Beach offers more and more help to those struggling with substance use. When individuals seek treatment at drug rehab center Redondo Beach, they are given several choices to see what best fits their circumstances. With a variety of therapy options available, recovery is more accessible than ever.
Treatment Options in Redondo Beach
Redondo Beach offers several treatment settings—each providing powerful aid to those in need. These options are important as they allow individuals to tailor their treatment to meet their unique circumstances. The following are types of treatment programs available at drug rehab center Redondo Beach:
- Residential Programs. This is optimal for those who need around-the-clock care or who do not feel comfortable in their home environment. Residential rehab eliminates any outside influences or triggers that might cause difficulty during the recovery process. Though people can be in residential rehab without going through detox, detoxification is usually the first step. The program then continues anywhere from 2-6 weeks.
- Outpatient Programs. Outpatient programs allow patients to spend time in the comfort of their own homes as well as fulfill personal and professional obligations— all while receiving extensive and effective treatment. Outpatient rehab can fall into three categories:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). This treatment takes place in a medical setting almost all day, every day.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). This treatment typically takes place several times a week for a portion of the day.
- Standard outpatient program (OP). These sessions usually take place for a short amount of time, sometimes occurring only once a week. This program type focuses on preparing patients to transition back to their lives fully while maintaining their new sobriety.
Typically, individuals start in a residential or PHP and move down to an IOP before eventually transitioning to an OP.
- Teen Program. Teenagers are faced with unique issues, specific to their age. This program is held after school and focuses on improving mental health while addressing/preventing addiction. Teens learn important coping skills that help them to handle difficult stressors in a healthy way.
Treating Mental Health and Addiction at Drug Rehab Center Redondo Beach
Both mental disorders and substance use can affect a person’s quality of life. For some individuals, these issues can be treated separately. However, for many, these are co-occurring disorders. A person might try to dull the symptoms of their mental illness with drugs or alcohol. In turn, the heavy use of drugs and alcohol can cause issues such as depression and anxiety. This is why treating these issues at the same time typically leads to a well-rounded recovery and long-lasting recovery. An individualized therapy plan—that includes several experiential therapies—is used to facilitate healing for addiction and mental disorders. Types of disorders that are treated include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Substance use disorders (SUD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Bereavement disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- ADD / ADHD
Drug Rehab Center Redondo Beach
You deserve help today. Addiction and poor mental health are affecting your daily life—it’s time for that to stop. Live the life you want by seeking the treatment you need. At Clear Recovery Center in Redondo Beach, we are committed to facilitating a thorough recovery and helping you maintain long-term sobriety. Our team promises to support and guide you through every step of this life-changing process. The treatment you need is only one call away. To start your recovery journey right now, contact Clear Recovery Center at 1.877.799.1985.