Treatment for Addiction in Southern California
How is Addiction Treated?
Addiction is a complex but treatable disease that affects brain function and behavior. Although treatment is recommended, no single treatment approach is appropriate for everyone. At Clear Recovery Center, we work to understand each client’s unique needs and preferences in order to design the most effective treatment approach. We believe that the cessation of drugs, alcohol or addictive behaviors is only the beginning. As clients progress through our program, we will shift the focus from acute therapeutic immersion to re-engagement in school, work, hobbies, or social activities, so our clients maintain recovery as they dive back into life.
What We Treat
We understand the importance of addressing the root causes of addiction as well as factors unique to each drug of choice. At Clear Recovery Center, our expert clinical team has experience helping clients recover from a broad range of substance and behavioral addictions including:
adderall / ritalin
What is Addiction?
Unfortunately, addiction is surrounded by a world of stigma. It is important to understand that addiction is a complex but treatable disease with symptoms and patterns of use that vary greatly from person to person. The Diagnostics and Statistical Manual Fifth Edition (DSM-V) defines substance use disorder as manifested by three or more of the following:
3. The substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than intended.
4. There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use.
5. A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain the substance (such as visiting multiple doctors or driving long distances), use the substance (for example, chain-smoking), or recover from its effects.
6. Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of substance use.
7. The substance use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance.
(For example, current cocaine use despite recognition of cocaine-induced depression or continued drinking despite recognition that an ulcer was made worse by alcohol consumption).
If you believe that you or a loved one may be struggling with addiction, treatment is strongly recommended. Speak to a mental health professional today.
About 21 million Americans have at least one addiction, yet only 10% of those
struggling receive treatment.
More than 90% of people who have an addictions tarted to drink alcohol or use drugs before they were 18 years old.
Every year, worldwide, alcohol is the cause of 1 in every 20 deaths.
About 20-30% of people who take prescription opioids misuse them.
Drug overdose deaths have more than tripled since 1990.
Signs & Symptoms of Addiction
The signs of addiction can vary depending on the type of substance being used and the environment of the user. However, there are certain common symptoms of addiction, such as:
- lack of control, or inability to stay away from a substance or behavior
- decreased socialization, like abandoning commitments or ignoring relationships
- ignoring risk factors, like sharing needles despite potential consequences
- physical effects, like withdrawal symptoms or needing higher dosage for effect
- a lack of interest in hobbies or activities that used to be important
- neglecting relationships or reacting negatively to those closest to them
- missing important obligations like work
- risk taking tendencies, especially to get drugs or continue certain behaviors
- ignoring the negative consequences of their actions
- distinct change in sleeping patterns that result in chronic fatigue
- increased secrecy, like lying about the amount of substance used or time spent
If you think you or a loved one may be struggling with addiction, contact your doctor or mental health professional.
In addition to being in-network with Anthem, Magellan and MHN, Clear Recovery Center accepts many PPO healthplans.
Your recovery. Our philosophy. At Clear Recovery Center, our expert clinical team is here to help you achieve lasting, sustainable recovery from mental health and addiction.
Manhattan Beach Location
515 N Sepulveda Blvd Suite B
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
18123 Prairie Avenue
Torrance CA 90504
Tuesday : 9AM–8PM
Wednesday : 9AM–8:30PM
Thursday : 9AM–8PM
Friday : 9AM–8PM
Saturday : 9AM–6PM
Sunday : Closed